In one week, we are having the anatomy ultrasound, where the doctor will see how Baby J’s heart, brain, and organs are developing. We are praying for a healthy baby. And… we want to know whether it’s a boy or a girl!
In the meantime, I want to know what you think – boy or girl? Take a wild guess. Or, if you want to make an “educated” decision, here are my answers to a few wives’ tales that may help.
- Sleep Position: sleeping on the left side at night = boy; right side = girl. I mostly sleep on my left.
- Upset Stomach: extreme nausea = girl. I had nausea, not severe, but it was bad!
- Adult Acne: skin breakouts = girl. For the most part, my skin has been pretty clear.
- Graceful or Clumsy Pregnancy: gliding through the day = girl; stumbling = boy. I’d say I’ve been pretty graceful.
- Face Weight Gain: a fuller face = girl. I can’t really tell, but I’d say that my face hasn’t gotten too full.
- Sugar and Spice Food Cravings: craving salt (potato chips, pretzels, and popcorn) = boy; craving sweets = girl. I’ve craved more salt than sweets.
- More Food Cravings: craving citrus = girl. No citrus, but I have been craving cheese.
- Mood Changes: pregnant mood swings = girl. I have been pretty stable so far (I wonder if J would agree? :))
- High or Low Pregnant Belly: carrying low = boy; carrying high = girl. I’m carrying low.
- Baby Weight: carrying in the front = boy; baby weight spaced around the middle = girl. I’m carrying in the front.
According to these answers, I am having a boy. What do you think?? Vote anonymously below, or if you’re bold enough, leave a comment! Maybe I’ll have a special gift for the boldest, most confident post.